Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ancient and Primitive Embroidery

The other day I was listening to Craft Sanity and Kristin Nicholas was being interviewed. The topic was embroidary. As I listened, I recalled that once upon a time back in the dark ages (the early 70's) in college, I used to try to embroider.I then remembered that I had tucked away in a back closet a blue jean jacket I had embroidered for my husband. (At the time we were dating.)
DSC_0538 DSC_0539 Cuff wear and tear - ugh!


And now for the creative piece of art - RIGHT! Notice the various stitches - chain stitch, chain stitch and some more chain stitch. At the time I thought it was cool and much larger than it really is.

Feb. 23, 2008

Sewing update:
I have been working on a small quilted table topper. I machined stitched the pieces together but hand sewing the quilting.
DSC_0540 DSC_0543

DSC_0542

I am also participating in the Sassy Spring Apron swap. I am mailing it in the morning. And as usual, I wish I had made one like this for me. Oh, well....
DSC_0694

DSC_0695

Mary Ann - as soon as I can find a small box, your "sweet" gift will be mailed. Hope you'll like it. :)

2 comments:

calicodaisy said...

We have a couple of things in common: Love Kristin Nichols - I don't knit but do embroider. Here is my finished design of hers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/calicodaisy/2159809616/in/set-72157602964787396/. I'm in the sassy apron swap, too. I've got to get that done.... Yours looks great. -- Michele

Anonymous said...

Embroidery is kind of tough for me, but I'm getting better. Your embroidery on the jacket is really cool! And I love your apron.