Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Treasures

DSC_0753
Tonight as I read Tipper's entry on treasure hunting on her blog, Blind Pig and a Acorn, I was reminded of some treasures we have found throughout the years on vacations to the mountains or the beach. One such memory was many years ago at Edisto Beach, SC. My husband spent the entire week walking the beach looking for that one huge shark's tooth. You know the tooth that would fit in the palm of your hand. Our son spent the entire week playing in the water and on the beach. Looking for shark's teeth was not on his agenda. My husband had no luck at all. He must have walked 100 miles up and down that beach. He found numerous small teeth of different shapes but not the prized tooth. On the last day we were there, my son wanted one last time on the beach. When it was time to head home, my husband called out to our son. As he ran to the car, he stopped, looked down, and yelled, "Hey, Dad. Look what I found!" Low and behold, it was that tooth. The tooth my husband spent his entire vacation looking for. The tooth that only took a second for my son to find. You can imagine the look on my husband's face. Bless his heart!


I tried a new cake recipe last night -
Strawberry Cake7
Triple Decker Strawberry Cake. It is out of this world and definitely a keeper. It is made with fresh strawberries and it isn't a complicated recipe at all. Delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sharks teeth. Thats how it goes we look and look for something and someone comes along and shows us it was right under our noses! Thank you for mentioning me. Glad you were reminded of the teeth and the beach fun. The cake looks delicious!