Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year...New Opportunities


2008 Amazing that 8 years ago the world was concerned with Y2K. My how time flies!
Well, my vacation time is amost over. One more day and then it is back to school. I have had a ball catching up with my blog readings. It is always so much fun peering into the lives of total strangers who have become like members of my family. I have also enjoyed spending time on Ravelry. I became a member not too long ago, but just didn't have the time to explore the opportunites on that site. Just this week, I have been in contact with a couple of knitters from my own town. Nice!
While reading Karyn's recent entry, she mentioned a photo project where one takes a picture every day for the entire year. It is called Project 365. Since I received a very nice gift from my husband for Christmas, I thought this was an interesting project. Not sure I can do this every single day, because life gets in the way sometimes. However, the idea seems like a nice opportunity to document one's life.
Speaking of gifts, I also received this nice little gift for Christmas. Fun, fun, fun. I feel like a teenager again - downloading songs and taking them everywhere I go. This little gift made walking a pleasure this morning. I downloaded some NPR shows and had a nice chilly walk to the park and back. Ooh, opportunity to get healthier. Maybe?
Well, time for bed...this has been a great week for SEC football - even though South Carolina didn't make it to a bowl, it has been fun watching SEC teams whip up on other conference teams. Only 2 SEC teams have lost so far (Arkansas and Florida). Presently UGA is stumping Hawaii - go dawgs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! That's great that you've been able to meet some local knitters.

Karyn said...

Happy New Year!

And good luck with Project 365, I just started yesterday and it's already forced me to learn three new things about my camera. I'm very excited about it!

Joanna said...

Happy New Year, Leslie! I have so much I need to learn about photography. I only wish I had more time.