Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Don't Forget to Shake

I am having so much fun with my new camera. I have taken pictures everyday of all sort of things in order to have a picture each day for Project 365. According to the tips from this project:

Taking a photo a day will make you a better photographer. Using your camera every day will help you learn its limits. You will get better at composing your shots, you’ll start to care about lighting, and you’ll become more creative with your photography when you’re forced to come up with something new every single day.

"A better photographer".....time will tell. Any case, I'm having fun.
Here are a few pictures I have taken:

Jan. 10, 2008Jan. 9, 2008Jan. 12, 2008Jan. 13, 2008Jan. 11, 2008
Jan. 14, 2008Jan. 15, 2008Jan. 16, 2008Jan. 16, 2008Jan. 17, 2008Jan. 18, 2008

The picture from yesterday was taken at the Happy Cow Creamery. I love this place. This dairy has the best cheese and milk. The milk isn't homogenized, so as you leave the dairy, drive pass the cows, DSC_0025
you are reminded by a series of signs to shake the milk well. DSC_0027

Now for an update of completed and almost completed works of knitting. My dishcloths were somewhat depleted over the holidays. So I have been trying to stock up. This yellow cloth is Grandma's Favorite pattern with some added color strips.
DSC_0002 Jan. 17, 2008
I have also been trying to stock up on bibs. This pattern is a dish cloth pattern (Lacy Checks) converted in a bib.
DSC_0006 DSC_0007
This cable purse needs the finishing touches - blocking, lining, bangle handles and ribbon.
DSC_0009 Once finished, the purse is suppose to look something like this: shopbanglebags
I am thinking about using either a pink or brown ribbon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I sure need to practice with our camera. I love the purse you're making, too. What is the name of the pattern?

Chris Worthy said...

Leslie,

I just found you through "the South Carolina post" on Heather Bailey's site. We have started buying all our milk and butter from Happy Cow. It is worth the drive to Pelzer!

Nice to meet you, even if via blog. :)

Chris

kathy b said...

Oh the purse is wonderful. I am felting a tea cozy and worried about how big it is. your post made me feel much better