Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Chrismas

Slowly but surely the decorations are coming out and appearing around the house.
IM000051 IM000049IM000048
Each night this week I have tried to decorate a little instead of waiting to do it all at one time during a weekend. I should have been doing this all along. This is so much better. The wall hanging is one of my first handmade quilts. Every year I tell myself that I should make some more wall hangings to hang over the mantle throughout the year. Haven't acted on that thought yet. The Christmas tree is in the kitchen. It is decorated with kitchen utensils and gingerbread ornaments.

One of my favorite items for Christmas is the my son's stocking. IM000047
It was crocheted by my mother right after my son was born 29 years ago. I wish I had the pattern. I would love to be able to crochet some stockings for nieces and nephews who did not receive one from my mother before she passed from this world a few years ago. If anyone out there in blogland happens to recognize this pattern and knows where I could find it, please let me know. Every year the stocking is one of the first items set out during this season and every year as it is hung, a tiny little wrapped present is placed in the toe. As old as my son is, when he comes home and sees the stocking hanging, he will feel the toe to see if that gift is there. I love simple little traditions such as that.

Contest Alert: Once again Jennifer is offering a set of toile notecards for leaving a comment on her blog. Drop by and check out the notecards.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are lovely! And I think a little at a time does seem like a great idea.

Anonymous said...

everything looks so sweet and thoughtful. i love it!
will you have snow a christmas?
here in europe we have a chance but it doesn´t looks like white christmas...