Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Crafty Video, Crafty Quilt and Not So Craft Me

Never thought crafty items could be used for such a clever little video. Thought you might enjoy.



Speaking of crafty....
Dana, over at Old Red Barn Co. is one crafty and gifted quilter. And she is so generous. She is giving away a beautiful quilt. This is an amazingly beautiful quilt. Visit her blog to find out how to enter for this quilt.

My summer will soon be coming to an end. I have one last week of vacation before the new school year begins for me. Teachers and students still have 3 and 4 weeks off respectively. I have enjoyed my time off and have accomplished some of my goals for the house. Cleaning out closets and rooms, baking, freezing, yard work etc. However, my craft/sewing/knitting goals have a little to be desired. In fact, I have started but haven't completed a single knitted item at all. (Well, one little dishcloth. Oh, dear!) I have also done a little sewing. And I mean little.... A pincushion and tissue holder for a swap,

Pincushion Tissue Case
and some potholders and dish towels for Christmas gifts.
Patchwork Potholder and Towel Patchwork Potholder and Towel
Can you tell I have been trying to use up small pieces of fabric leftovers?
The one major sewing project I wanted to do this summer is the window treatments for the living room we painted over spring break. Hopefully, I'll have those completed tomorrow.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your vacation is almost over. You've done some fun things this summer! Good luck with those window treatments - I need to work on that, too.

Raesha D said...

OOHH I love the potholders and matching towels. What a great idea. Where did you get the towels from?

Chris Worthy said...

Can you believe how quickly summer has passed? I hope your transition back to school is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Such a very clever video. I don't think I would have the patience to make one myself.
Love the homemades!
Sorry about vacation being almost over. There's always Christmas break.

Anonymous said...

Well the things you did accomplish-are beautiful! I'm dreading school and the horror of middle school homework starting back. The summer goes by too fast.

Anonymous said...

I love that video. Very clever. I have made those tissue holders before. I think they are a fun thing to give. Your work is lovely. :)

Chris Worthy said...

Leslie, email me and I will tell you what you missed. ;)I don't have your email address. Mine is in my profile (I think).