Pages

Monday, April 02, 2007

Yellow Slime..It's Everywhere!

If you have ever lived or visited in the south during this time of the year, then you know what this yellow goo is which forms after a rain....
DSC00184
It has been exceptionally thick this year. One day last week, it was a little breezy. A yellow haze blew through the parking lot at school. It has been tracked into the house and it is all over my new car. (About two weeks ago, I purchased a Toyota Camry Hybrid....love it, love it, love it!!!! Averaging around 36 to 40 miles per gallon) Thankfully it rained yesterday which helped clear the air of this yellow nusiance. Have you guess what it is yet? Yeap....good ole pollen. But if it wasn't for the pollen, we would not be able to enjoy the flowers this spring. The dogwoods and wisteria seem to be more brilliant this year.

Friday I had a nice surprise in the mail. If you have not visited MaryAnn's blog, you need to. She must be one of the most generous and thoughtful bloggers out there in cyberspace. This is what she sent me just for commenting on her blog:
DSC00191
Aren't they cute? Thank you, MaryAnn. So kind of you!!!!

So what have I been up too lately in the crafting department???? Last night I started a new spring purse. Here is a sneak peak of some of the fabrics I am using:
DSC00193
I love the spring colors and flowers in these fabrics. I hope to finish it tonight.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Congratulations on your new car!

I love the fabric you've chosen for your new purse, I can't wait to see it!

Very Mary said...

Quite welcome, my friend! I also LOVE that new fabric! I'm feeling the itch to buy new fabrics, but I'm trying to refrain. This use what I have thing is excruciating!

African Kelli said...

WOO HOO for a new, fancy and environmentally minded car!
And soon enough it will be too hot for the trees to pollinate. So says the desert dweller.

Anonymous said...

That fabric is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the new purse!