That being said, give this a try. You won't be disappointed.
Smothered Pork Chops (adapted from Cook's Country)
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 bone in blade cut pork chops
1 ½ tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon beef broth
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1. Combine onion powder, paprika, salt pepper, cayenne pepper. Rub on both sides of chops.
2. Brown both sides of chops in oil. (The skillet needs to be oven proof.) Transfer to a platter.
3. Add butter to skillet and brown onions. Add garlic and bay leaf. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add chops.
4. Cover the skillet with a lid and bake in oven 1 to 1½ hours at 300°.
5. Transfer chops to a platter and discard bay leaf. Strain skillet drippings with a fine mesh strainer. Allow the drippings to settle and remove the fat.
6. Return drippings to skillet. Add corn starch to 1 tablespoon beef broth in a small bowl and slowly add to drippings. Stir in vinegar. Simmer until thicken. Return the onions and top with pork chops. Serve.