Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Where Do I Begin???

It has been quite a while since I last posted. In fact, it has been ....oh, my goodness....3 months! Wow....3 months??? Really?? In those three months, I have moved from working with middle school students


to working with these precious little ones.


Never dreamed I would be moved to an elementary school after spending 25 years in middle school, but I have loved every minute of the move.

So what have I been cooking lately? Glad you asked. 

Carrot Cake

2 ¼ cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 ¼ cups oil
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoons allspice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups carrots, finely shredded
1 cup coconut, shredded
8 ounces crushed pineapple
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup golden raisins

Icing
2 (8 oz) cream cheese
1½ teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup milk

1.Mix together the first 10 ingredients.
2.Add the remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.
3.Pour into 3 greased and floured round cake pans.
4.Bake 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until done..
5.Mix together the icing ingredients and ice the cake after it cools completely.

 Enjoy...

No comments: