Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Colors of Fall

Every year my husband comments that our maple tree in the front yard is never very colorful. This morning when I went outside to get the morning paper, I noticed that over night (not really over night- although it seemed like overnight) our tree had a bright smile - it is turning yellow. Nice...love the colors of fall.

IM000414 IM000416

How about these colors of fall?

IM000406

U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi...these caramel apples are ugly, but, they were soooo good! My husband and I decided we wanted to make some homemade caramel apples. His job was to unwrapped the caramel candies. Tough job, but someone has to do it. After dipping in caramel and coating the apples with nuts, toffee bits and chocolate, the caramel began to drift southward. Ugh. But a quick trip to the refrigerator prevented a total loss. Needless to say, each one of these babies were consumed with no complaints.

I purchased the Note Taker pattern from Pink Chalk Studio this summer and finally got around to trying it out. I love this fabric - the flowers and colors. Inside I tried to bring out some of the colors from the front cover. IM000411 IM000412


It was an easier project than I thought it would be. This would make a nice gift to colleagues at school.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Those apples look incredibly yummy!

I love your note-taker. It does look like a complicated project, but it was easier than you thought? hmm...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful note-taker you made! I have that pattern as well but haven't made one yet, but if you say it's that easy I may need to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Your trees are pretty and your apples look delicious! Your note-taker is very pretty. I have a similar pattern and just got around to making it, too. It was a fun project.

Very Mary said...

Oh, I love a good caramel apple. Or is it the candy apple? Caramel? Candy? It's so hard to pick a favorite.